Injured in a Denver Slip and Fall?
Contact a Denver Slip and Fall Attorney at Dormer Harpring
Slip and fall injuries are common in the United States. They account for more than one million emergency room visits each year. Unfortunately, these injuries can lead to tens of thousands of dollars in medical debt. If you have suffered a slip and fall injury, you need dedicated legal representation that will go after the responsible party.
At Dormer Harpring, we understand the devastation caused by slip and fall injuries. We have obtained millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients. Business and property owners have a responsibility to provide a safe environment for all people, and it is our job to hold them accountable when their actions hurt people. Our team is known for our dedication to our clients. Our Denver slip and fall lawyers are ready to help you put your life back together after a slip and fall injury harms you or a loved one.
Slip and fall injuries can occur in many settings by a wide variety of causes. Injuries can occur in retail settings, restaurants, outdoors, medical facilities or personal properties. Common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Slippery floors caused by water, ice, wax, or spills;
- Damaged floors, including uneven floorboards, holes, and potholes;
- Poor lighting that makes it difficult for a pedestrian to avoid obstacles;
- Clutter, such as power cords, boxes, and trash; and
- Broken water fountains, bathroom fixtures, or grocery freezers.
In the immediate aftermath of a slip and fall accident, you may not know which steps to take next. Instead of signing away your rights to file a claim, which many businesses push for if you choose not to seek medical attention, use these tips after a slip and fall accident to protect yourself:
- Seek medical attention. Keep copies of any forms or documents you receive at the medical facility.
- Report the accident to the premises authority. This person could be the on-site manager, landlord or owner.
- Complete an incident report and take a photo or get a copy of it at the scene.
- Preserve all the available evidence.
- E-mail or text yourself photos and videos of the scene in case you lose or damage your phone.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses so that you can find them later.
- Reach out to a Denver slip and fall attorney before talking to anyone else. This includes talking to insurance companies and people on social media.
Your options after a slip and fall injury are generally governed by the Colorado Premises Liability Act. Premises liability laws outline what it takes to prove liability for an accident and secure compensation for the injured party. At least one of the following factors must apply to your case:
- The party responsible for the property caused dangerous conditions that led to your injury.
- The party responsible for the property knew about the dangerous conditions but did not warn or protect visitors.
- The party responsible for the property did not know about the dangerous conditions but should have been aware of them. If a reasonable person would have been aware of the conditions, then the property owner should have taken steps to remedy them.
Keep in mind that certain factors may complicate your Denver slip and fall claim. For example, if you were acting carelessly at the time of the accident, you may have an uphill battle ahead of you. If there were no witnesses and there is no manager to report the incident to, you will need to document what happened immediately.
Other factors that can complicate your claim include trespassing, being a social guest rather than a customer, and whether a reasonable person should have avoided the accident. You can determine the validity of your claim by speaking with one of our Colorado slip and fall attorneys at Dormer Harpring.
There are many other aspects to consider under Colorado law, including the statute of limitations and financial recovery limits. To give yourself the best chance at a successful claim, read our client testimonials and contact us to schedule your free consultation.
Choose Dormer Harpring for Your Colorado Slip and Fall Injury
The Denver premises liability lawyers at Dormer Harpring have extensive experience in premises liability law. This makes us the natural choice for your slip and fall injury.
Our slip and fall lawyers represent people who have been hurt in various types of slip and fall accidents, including, but not limited to, those that occur in or at:
- Retail stores, including department stores and grocery stores
- Shopping centers, plazas and malls
- Private residences, apartments, condos, and other private properties
- Sidewalks, bike paths, parking lots and other public areas
- Music venues
- Denver International Airport
We have secured strong settlements and verdicts for slip and fall injury victims by holding negligent parties accountable. Our Denver slip and fall lawyers are effective at going up against negligent parties, including, but not limited to:
- The owners and/or managers of retails stores or restaurants
- Landlords, building managers, and/or property owners
- Private homeowners and homeowners’ associations (HOAs)
- Municipalities and other government entities.
Dormer Harpring has negotiated with most major insurance companies, so we know what it takes to get a fair settlement for your case. If we are unable to come to an agreement with the other party’s insurance company, we are ready to take your case to trial.
At Dormer Harpring, we prepare every case for trial from the beginning. This results in higher settlements for our clients and lets the at fault parties know we mean business. Read more about why our clients choose us.
Call Our Denver Slip and Fall Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Recovering from a slip and fall injury is a big enough job. You should not have to negotiate with insurance companies and lawyers at the same time. That is where we step in.
Our team goes to work immediately on your behalf. We gather evidence and fight for a fair settlement from the insurance company. This gives you more time to focus on healing and recovery.
Many people put off calling a slip and fall attorney because they worry about the price. We never charge for an initial consultation and our fees are contingent. This means they are based only on the amount of damages we recover.
It is important to obtain an attorney as quickly as possible after a slip and fall injury so that you have as much time as possible to prepare your case for negotiations with an insurance company or for filing a lawsuit before your statute of limitations expires.
Take the first step now and call a Denver slip and fall attorney at our office. You can reach us at (303) 747-4404 to schedule your free consultation. We represent people throughout Denver County, Adams County, Boulder County, Arapahoe County, Jefferson County, Summit County, Douglas County, Larimer County, El Paso County, and the whole state of Colorado. We are ready to start working on your case and getting you the compensation you deserve.